Auditoria was established by the Arts Councils in Ireland to review planning, programming and provision of performance arts venues in Ireland.
The objectives of the project were:
The objectives were met by:
- To prepare a benchmark relational database containing information about the physical infrastructure for the performing arts throughout the island.
- To inform the strategy of both Councils in relation to capital and programme/touring expenditure in the performing arts areas.
- To enable the Arts Councils to advise their respective parent Departments and Local Authorities in the areas of capital investment, building maintenance, and operating costings.
- Mapping existing and planned buildings for the performing arts
- Preparing a profile of such buildings
- Assessing the maintenance and capital development requirements of
- Examining past and current programming of performing arts in venues
and analysing data in terms of patterns, strengths, weaknesses, and
- Identifying gaps in programming product available to venues
- Identifying geographic gaps in access for audiences
- Making policy recommendations for future expenditure to address access
and programme provision
- Devising policy recommendations for touring and audience development
- Identifying capital requirements (small and large-scale) and devising
policy with regard to the future development and maintenance of arts
- Formulating appropriate systems of revenue and capital grant support
by the Arts Councils